Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My First Day Out With JUST Mommy!


Last night I was a little fussy. I'm having some gas issues, so I'm keeping Mommy up a little longer then usual at night. I don't think she minds too much though because when I'm gassy she puts me to sleep on her chest so that she can rub my back for me. I really like that and it usually puts me to sleep pretty fast. I think Mommy likes rubbing my back too!

Today was our first day pretty much on our own. Mommy gave me a bath in my new baby tub. She had to use the foam sponge in the bath because I really didn't like the hardness of the bath by itself. I made bubbles again during bath time! This is something I think we'll be laughing about for years to come!

After bath time it was time for us to go to the doctors. I was a good girl all the way to the doctors office in Danville. I think Mommy was a little worried about driving because it was the first time I got to sit in the back of the car by myself. I didn't want Mommy to have to worry about me too much so I went straight to sleep and slept until we got there.

The doctor says I'm progressing fine. I'm now 7lbs 12oz and Mommy says I'm growing too fast! She wants me to stay little as long as possible, but I can't wait to be bigger so that I can play peek-a-boo with her and have her tickle me! Daddy's off to work and I won't see him until tomorrow. He has a job interview at 11am, so I may not get to spend too much time with him. I'm going to miss him!

I spent the rest of the afternoon at home alone with Mommy. I didn't want to tire Mommy out too much on our first day alone, so I took a nice long nap so Mommy could eat some lunch and relax before my next feeding. I even gave Mommy some time to pump! Mommy says I'm a good little girl and read me one of my favorite books while I was eating. I love it when she reads to me!

We still have the evening together and I'm hoping that my Mima will be able to get her Skype to work on her computer. She got to see me for a quick minute yesterday, but I wasn't able to see her. I miss my Mima and so does Mommy. I hope we get to see her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment